mickey the type to be like “you callin’ me gay?” after the officiant tells him to kiss ian at the altar
WHY YOU SHOULD GO WATCH WADJDA RIGHT NOW IMMIDIETLY
- takes place in saudi arabia
- all characters muslim
- really, really well written. it’s essentially a slice-of-life comedy about a 10-year-old-girl trying to save up enough money to buy a bike, and the roadblocks she hits while doing so.
- all the characters, most of which are women, are fleshed-out, enjoyable, and given their own seperate character arc. every single arc just hits it right on the head. it’s basically a cast of well-written, well-acted muslim characters.
- first saudi arabian feature film to be directed by a woman
- it’s funny. like, really fucking funny.
- oh my god.
- go watch wadjda.
- here i even have a link you can watch it right now
- there is literally no reason to watch this perfect fucking film right now
- if you like well written comedies with a mostly-female, all-muslim, all person-of-color cast, just watch this ok
- i’M NOT K IDDING SOMEONE WATCH WADJDA SO THEY CAN TALK ABOUT IT WITH ME